Wondering how you’re going to keep the kids off the junk food once they’re back at school? Organix’s Punk’d bars are a great healthy option and we’re giving away a goodie bag to four lucky winners!
Organix healthy snacks
When they’re little you have far more control over what they eat. No one knows this better than Organix, who specialise in healthy snacks for babies and toddlers. But maintaining those healthy eating habits can be a challenge as they get older.
After carrying out research Organix discovered that parents often found themselves struggling to enforce healthy eating for 3 main reasons:
- Growing up: The older children get, the less control parents have over what they eat
- Peer pressure: Children want what other children have, which more often than not isn’t a healthy snack
- Pester power: As much as parents may want they eating healthy, 65% of parents cave and get their child the snack they want. Sadly, they aren’t clamouring for a healthy bag of nuts.
Rebel against junk food
Organix’s Punk’d bars are soft baked cereal bars for children aged 5- 11. They’re made with real fruit and oats and come with the Organix ‘No Junk Promise’. Unlike other snacks, they don’t have any hidden ingredients, flavourings or colourings. This makes them an ideal snack for any child’s lunch box.
The cereal bars come in two tasty flavours, Cocoa & Orange Crash and Strawberry & Vanilla Smash and make a great alternative to chocolate or crisps.
Punk’d Snacking tips
Organix has some useful tips to help parents win that battle against junk food:
- Teach them to make good decisions by giving them choices. This teaches them to weigh up their options and is a skill they’ll put to use when they’re alone.
- Avoid offering them unhealthy options to snack on in-between meals. Try raw vegetables, nuts or fruit as an alternative.
- Check the nutritional information before giving your child a snack. You might be surprised by what you think is healthy/unhealthy.
- Try to have a selection of healthy snacks to hand. It’s easy to make bad choices if that’s your only option.
We’ve got 4 goodie bags of Punk’d oaty bars to give away to 4 lucky winners!
How to win
For the chance to be one of the lucky winners just complete the details below and answer.