Learn how to enjoy stress-free alfresco dining with your children with this easy guide.
The sun is out, which means it’s the perfect opportunity to get outside with your children and enjoy a picnic. But if you’re wondering how to make it all go smoothly with the kids in tow, look no further than these 10 steps.
- Ban the electronics. Although one phone or camera is ok so that you can take photos of the day to look back on.
- Invest in freezer bags. They’ll keep your snacks fresh and cool while you laze away in the sun.
- Remember to take lot of napkins and wet wipes. Think sticky fingers rubbed on grass rubbed on eyes. Then think lots of tears.
- Scout around for the best possible spot before you settle down. Pick somewhere relatively secluded and quiet, so those people playing loud music or kicking a ball around don’t disturb you too much.
- Bring a huge blanket with you. Because no one wants to sit on itchy grass.
- Give your child a surface to eat off. The Apramo Flippa (rrp £44.99) is ideal for situations like this. The portable booster seat is a no-nonsense way (for everyone one involved) for your child to scoff all the picnic delights on offer. It’s suitable for kids up to three years and can even be used on chairs at home or in restaurants.
- Pillows. Your kids are going to be having so much fun, they’re not going to want to leave and we want you to be comfortable. So bring pillows.
- Clean up after yourselves. This is perhaps the most important tip – picnic etiquette is a thing after all. No chocolate wrapper shall be left unturned.
- Choose your day wisely. Not only should you look at the weather forecast for the day (obviously), but make sure that your family is already in a good mood.
- Be in the moment, and enjoy. You’re making memories your kids will reminisce about. Let it happen and relish every moment.