LEGO® Star Wars™ has announced their first ever intergalactic national ‘Oscar-style’ awards just for fans! The ‘Golden Brickies’ Awards launch today on the LEGO Facebook page to celebrate the best fan created content for all the creative Jedi builders, budding photographers and film makers out there.
In homage to the legendary movie franchise and upcoming Episode VII, LEGO® is inviting families across the UK to take part in this epic event which will culminate in an exclusive red carpet celebration event at LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Hotel, not to mention amazing prizes up for grabs.
Whether you choose the dark or light side, humour is at the very heart of LEGO® Star Wars™, so this is your chance to show them your best photo and filming skills with your vehicles and minifigures. They want to see what you can do!
Once in a lifetime prizes are up for grabs which include:
– An invitation to the prestigious red carpet LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort awards ceremony on Saturday 11th October 2014
– A chance to meet Return of the Jedi actor, Warwick Davis, as well as the bods behind the LEGO® Star Wars™ universe
– A year’s supply of LEGO® Star Wars™ goodies
– A LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Annual Pass for a family of four
– Entry into LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort afterwards to enjoy the Resort’s 55 rides, shows and attractions. PLUS entrance to the LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland, which re-creates the most iconic scenes from the legendary movies and the animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ in over 1.5 million LEGO bricks.
– Your very own bespoke LEGO® C-3PO award
The #Golden Brickies award categories are:
– Best picture – create a LEGO® Star Wars™ inspired photograph using your collection
– Best mini movie – either create a LEGO® Star Wars™ movie blooper or your own alternative movie ending
– Best set build – LEGO® Star Wars™ inspired build
– Overall LEGO® Star Wars™ Golden Brickies winner for best content creation
Entries will be judged by the Golden Brickies expert panel including:
– Star Wars™ actor – Warwick Davis
– Star Wars™ collector fanatic and writer – Jedi James Burns
– LEGO® Star Wars™ Brand Manager – Eloise Kurtis
– LEGO® Star Wars™ biggest fan – Milun Simpson, age 5
How to enter:
Simply upload your video or picture entry to the Golden Brickies page on the LEGO® Facebook page, Instagram or Twitter, using #GoldenBrickies and that’s it! Submission of entries will be open between 12th September and close at midnight on 26th September 2014. The award ceremony will then take place on Saturday 11th October so make sure you can make it before you enter!
LEGO® Star Wars™ Brand Manager, Eloise Kurtis commented: “Good luck, creative Jedi, may the Force be with you!”