The new Citroën C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid is available to order in the UK, with pricing starting from just £35,340 for the well appointed ‘Flair’ trim level.
The model comes with an adaptable new powertrain, with a PureTech 180 Stop & Start petrol engine and an 80kW electric motor. This is combined with a new ë-EAT8 automatic gearbox, to offer the equivalent of up to 225hp and a smooth, comfortable driving experience. The combined petrol engine and electric motor produces CO2 of just 32-33g/km and fuel efficiency of up to 168mpg on a combined cycle.
With three driving modes, the C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid offers you the opportunity to optimise the vehicle to your driving needs:
- Electric – the car uses only the battery-powered electric motor, resulting in an ultra-quiet and smooth drive with zero exhaust emissions, offering a range of up to 34miles (WLTP certified).
- Hybrid – the car chooses the best mix of electric and petrol propulsion to suit your driving style whilst optimising efficiency.
- Sport – the car combines the power of electric and petrol motors to offer outstanding performance.
Trim and Kit
The new C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid can be specified in two trim levels, ‘Flair’ and ‘Flair Plus’. All models enjoy standard equipment including: Citroën Connect Nav with a three year subscription to TomTom Live Traffic, active blind spot monitoring, active lane keeping assist, active safety brake, front and rear parking sensors and a 180° reversing camera. In addition, ‘Flair Plus’ models boast a half-leather interior, an electric driver’s seat, a motorised hands-free tailgate, active cruise control and 19-inch ‘Art’ bi-tone alloy wheels.
The car also benefits from the Citroën Advanced Comfort programme. This includes the brand’s unique suspension system with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions. This is a technology that integrates hydraulic bump stops to better control compression and rebound. This ensures that the suspension travel is much more progressive, even on the most adverse of surfaces.
The C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid takes this a step further with the introduction of a specific multi-arm rear suspension. Paired with the Progressive Hydraulic Cushions, this new rear suspension design offers excellent handling and ride comfort, regardless of the conditions on the road.
Another key component is the Advanced Comfort seats, which are standard specification on all Hybrid versions. With broad cushions and wide seat backs, they combine high-density foam at the heart of each seat and a thick, textured foam on the surface to ensure optimum comfort on any journey.
Over and above C5 Aircross SUV models powered by either a petrol or a diesel engine, Citroën’s first plug-in hybrid (PHEV) model also benefits from the following attributes:
- Hybrid badging on the front wings and tailgate
- ‘Anodised’ Blue colour pack as an option
- Storage compartment (with hinged cover) for storing the charging cable under boot floor
- Mode 3 charging cable with Type 2 connector
- Custom interface for instrument cluster and touchscreen
- Driving mode selector on central console with ‘Brake mode’ intensity option
- Programmable cabin pre-conditioning (heating/cooling) and deferred charging
- Acoustically insulated driver’s and passenger’s side windows
- Keyless entry and start
- Multi-arm rear suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions®
- Frameless auto-dimming electrochrome rear-view mirror with blue LED electric driving mode indicator
- 7kW on-board charger capable of accelerated charging < 2hrs via 7kW wall box / public charging point
- 2KWh lithium ion battery
Model Range and Pricing
|TRIM||ENGINE||CO2 (g/km)||MRRP OTR|
|Flair||Plug-in Hybrid ë- EAT8 PureTech 180 + 80kW electric motor||32||£35,340.00|
|Flair Plus||Plug-in Hybrid ë- EAT8 PureTech 180 + 80kW electric motor||32||£36,815.00|