The new C4 and ë-C4 bring a bold design, unique identity and innovative technology to the C-hatch segment.
The models offer exceptional levels of comfort and, for the first time in the C-segment, a choice of petrol, diesel and electric powertrains so that everyone can find the perfect version for them.
The new C4 and ë-C4 set themselves apart by offering the elegance and style of a compact hatchback, combined with the strength and character of an SUV. Refined lines and an aerodynamic shape are complemented by large alloy wheels, an assertive stance and 360 degree protection around the body.
Showcasing the elements of Citroën’s new design language, including the new v-shaped light signature with LED headlights and signature chrome chevrons spanning the width of the car, the C4 & ë-C4 are instantly recognisable. Equally, the sloping rear window, aerodynamic spoiler and rear light signature not only call to mind the new design direction of the brand, but also reference Citroën’s iconic vehicles of the past including the GS and CX.
The new models embody and enhance all elements of Citroën Advanced Comfort. Naturally, Advanced Comfort seats and suspension with Progressive Hydraulic Cushions are standard on all versions. Particular attention has been paid to passenger comfort. The rear seats boast best-in-class knee-room of 198mm, so everyone can feel comfortable, no matter where they sit in the car.
Petrol and diesel powertrains are all Euro 6.3 / Euro 6d compliant. 0-62mph times in seconds are shown below in brackets where available.
- 100 kW Battery Electric Vehicle with 50 kWh battery (9.0)
- PureTech 100 S&S 6-Speed manual (from May 2021 Production TBC)
- PureTech 130 S&S 6-Speed manual (8.9)
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8 automatic (9.4)
- PureTech 155 S&S EAT8 automatic (TBC)
- BlueHDi 110 S&S 6-Speed manual (from May 2021 Production TBC)
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8 automatic (9.5)
- WLTP range: Up to 217 miles
- Lithium Ion battery size: 50kWh
- Electric motor power: 100kW (136hp equivalent)
- Charging speed: Up to 100kW Rapid charging
- On-board charger size: 7.4kW (11kW three-phase optional)
- Charge time for 7kW home charger: 7 Hours 30 Minutes
- Charge time for 22kW (three-phase) home charger: 5 Hours (with optional 11kW on-board charger)
- Charge time for 100kW CCS Rapid charger: 80% in 30 Minutes
- Battery Warranty: 8 Years / 100,000 miles for up to 70% of original capacity
- Retail customers currently benefit from a free PodPoint 7kW home charger, saving £509.
Four trim levels are available for the new C4 with petrol and diesel power: Sense, Sense Plus, Shine and Shine Plus.
- ‘Sense’ standard equipment: 18-inch diamond-cut alloys, LED headlights, rear parking sensors, a 10-inch high-resolution touchscreen and a 5.5-inch digital driver’s display. Safety equipment includes Active Safety Brake, speed limit information, Lane Keeping Assist, Driver Attention Alert and Forward Collison Warning.
- ‘Sense Plus’ standard equipment over ‘Sense’ trim: Citroën Connect Nav, rear parking camera, power folding door mirrors, Citroën Smart Pad Support, and a driver’s colour head-up display.
- ‘Shine’ standard equipment over ‘Sense Plus’: dark tinted rear windows and chrome detailing, Active Blind Spot Detection, Adaptive Cruise Control (on automatic versions), automatic headlights with High Beam Assist, enhanced Active Safety Brake (video + radar) with night and cyclist detection, front parking sensors, and Keyless Entry and Start with proximity detection.
- ‘Shine Plus’ standard equipment over ‘Shine’: ‘Siena’ black leather, heated front seats, rear central folding armrest, new Citroën Hi-Fi system with subwoofer, wireless smartphone charging, and USB connectivity in both seating rows. All ‘Shine Plus’ versions are automatics and therefore benefit from the innovative Highway Driver Assist system that premièred on the C5 Aircross SUV.
The new ë-C4 is available in three trim levels: Sense Plus, Shine and Shine Plus. These offer the following standard equipment across all versions: remote temperature preconditioning and scheduled charging, Keyless Entry and Start. In addition, ‘Shine’ and ‘Shine Plus’ versions feature a heated steering wheel as standard.
The new C4 costs from £21,005 for an entry-level 100PS petrol version with a manual gearbox. The line-up goes all the way to £28,255 for the top grade auto diesel. For the ë-C4, prices start at £30,395 (after the government’s Plug-In Car Grant (PICG) and go up to £32,545.