Take the stress out of travelling this Christmas with these tips from parents, for parents.
Christmastime often means travelling time for a lot of families. This can mean hours of driving through inclement weather kids in the back who are still in need of entertainment and comfort.
With that in mind, mums and dads from across the country have come up with the top 20 tips for stress-free travelling this festive season:
1. Always leave extra time for your journey.
2. Check traffic conditions before setting off.
3. Make snacks and drinks for the journey.
4. Make sure you have a fully charged mobile phone.
5. And fill the car up the day/night before.
6. While always clearing your windows and mirrors before you set off.
7. Take 15 minute breaks every two hours for longer trips.
8. Compile the ultimate Christmas playlist beforehand.
9. Take games and toys to entertain the kids.
10. Take emergency equipment with you.
11. Take blankets and pillows with you to let your kids to sleep.
12. Maintain the season of goodwill with forgiveness for driving errors.
13. Remember to pack the car the night before.
14. Carry loose change for tolls or parking.
15. Play a Christmas-themed game with the family.
16. Have your car serviced in the weeks leading up to your drive.
17. Take a portable DVD player. And countless DVDs.
18. Join a roadside rescue service.
19. Get into the right mind-set before you leave. Be positive about the trip.
20. Charge your sat nav and program it before the drive.
This research came courtesy of Accident Advice Helpline.